Cyfix fixes those user-generated errors you get on Cydia when you enter a wrong repository URL. The repository may be dead, protected against you, or simply misspelled, resulting in errors each time you refresh and/or add/uninstall sources. Sometimes these sources don’t appear in the Sources list within the Cydia app GUI, so the regular user couldn’t even uninstall the offending repository even if he wanted to.
Update : Version 1.4b released ! Script optimized and one video added
Download 1.4b : Official
Now with Cyfix, you run the script (requires root login) in terminal and enter the URL of the offending repository, and Cyfix will remove all traces of the repository from Cydia.
How to use :
- Know how to connect with SSH
- MobileTerminal on your iDevice
- Place the cyfix script in /usr/bin on your iDevice with SSH and chmod it to 775. Log into root and type ‘cyfix’ in mobileTerminal to run. Enter the repo URL at the prompt and wait.
- v1.4b – Added a fail safe trigger. Typing ‘exitnow’ in the url input will exit Cyfix immediately.
- v1.3b – Added apt-get for plutil and wget; required for procedure and updating, respectively.
- v1.3 (5 April) – Added check against user input and rearranged some code sequence
- v1.2 (4 April) – Proper build up of script
- v1.1 (3 April) – Fixed metadata.plist section with plutil
- v1.0 (2 April) – Metadata.plist, cydia.list, lists, partial, sources.list.d
If you’re curious about where the script finds its food, the locations are :
summing up to a total of 5 places to look into.